Over you!!

My heart was broken quite in two,
Without any thanks to you.
It was damaged from the start,
And then you chose for us to part.

I trusted and believed in you,
We danced the dance that lovers do.
Life twisted, turned, was out of control--
Like a roller coaster on a spiral roll.

The faith I had in you was destroyed,
For with my heart you played and toyed.
You could not honest and truthful be--
You killed the love that I had in me.

Through trials, turmoil, hurt and pain,
Out of the sunshine had come the rain.
It had drenched me, dampened my soul
Like a nasty, blistering, festering boil.

But out of the darkness has come the light
I’m blessed with wisdom and foresight.
My eyes opened; I see you as you truly are.
You are not a bright and shining star.

My friends have surrounded me with love,
And I have had help from God up above.
Each day will be better than the day before,
Thanks for leaving and opening that door.

0 comments: