Beautiful Rain

It was raining today,And for once,I was not IN it.The weather was perfect for one to sit by his window with a book in one hand and a cup of coffee in other.It was so beautiful, The sky turning golden in color moments before the rain,the cool breeze,the restlessness of the birds who knew the intentions of the Rain god,It was all so natural and perfect.I was Wide awake yet I felt I was dreaming.Moments later it started to rain.After the first few drops the earth(mud) let out a beautiful aroma.I just love the smell of wet mud,Its so different and refreshing.The Trees all came to life, dancing and singing along with the rain inviting me to come join them, They looked greener than ever so full of life.Cool breeze was running all over the place,spreading joy every where it went.As the sun went below the horizon turning the sky gray,the mellifluous music of rain hushed the sounds made by cars and people,For a moment I Forgot that I live in a city.It was just me,my silence and the rain.The whole experience was like a perfect dream.I saw kids come out of their houses to dance and play around in the little mud puddles created by rain god himself.




I get drenched whenever it rains.I got drenched at least 14 times in the last two months.I Always used to get angry at the rain god.But after today I came to realize that people argue with them,They who make your life worth living and the ones you really care for.So the next time i get drenched,Ill join the trees and the rain and dance my heart out,Because I dont hate the Rain God,I just love arguing with him. ^_^

I heard the early morning rain;
Tapping, tapping on my window pane...
Making merry music in the early morning light.

For winter rains are a true delight,
Reviving the earth before early spring...

Refreshing water to the thirsty earth;
Bringing forth the miracle of new birth.
There are those who would wish it would go away;

But we must realize the part rain plays;
For rain is a blessing from God above...
It fills our wells, giving water to drink.
Without it all life would become extinct;
So make sure to thank God for the music of rain
in night, and the refreshing rain in
the morning light...


1 comments:

  Tanmay Prabhudesai

November 21, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Guess what? I finished this entry and decided to go out for a walk, And Half way through my walk it started raining..:)