Something Different

Different-what does it mean??you open up a dictionary and it says "different:partly or totally unlike in nature, form, or quality..It is something you dont come across in your Daily life..And even if you do,its something which you least expect..Snow in Chennai would be different,India winning the soccer World cup(now that would be a surprise),Different..There are many Different things happening all around us..But we are too busy with our Same routine life to notice..Some of these Different things are good like a Movie(Slumdog millionaire) with majority of the cast being Indian getting Nominated for ten Oscar awards and there are Different things Happening which are bad like the Mumbai Attacks..A little Difference can Affect your life so much..and sometimes even change the way you look at things and people..I am talking about something which you least expect but when it happens it touches your heart..I have come across such incidences..and I would like to share 5 such incidences with you..I want this post to be Something Different.. :)

Ok lets start with Food..Yummmm...I love food and i gobble up any thing you keep in front of me..so what better way to start than talking about Food??There are many Different cuisines..There Is Indian,continental,Mexican,Italian,Chinese....Ah Chinese..When we think of Chinese we Imagine fried snakes,cockroaches and god know what else..Chinese cuisine..Perfect for meat eaters..no vegan can enjoy eating in china and Enjoy a meal in an Chinese restaurant thinking what if my crackling spinach is fried in meat oil or oyster sauce(Oyster sauce is a major sauce in all Chinese dishes)??You see the word Veg and Chinese just dont go well together..Thats what I thought till the time I went to a restaurant called flower drum..Its a Chinese restaurant in Egmore which is pure veg..Yes..you heard me..P.U.R.E V.E.G...I looked at the menu and on the front page in bold letters was the notice"We dont use oyster sauce and Our dishes may not taste like the dishes you eat in other places"..I just could not believe it..this place was like no other Chinese place..this place was Different.. Anyways Talking about Restaurants..How do people go to a Restaurant??A silly question i know but come on..you dint expect me to ask it..so that makes it Different..Yeah back to the question..how do people get to Restaurant or any other destination??In Cars or bikes yeah??but what if you dont have one?We use the bus service or trains..But what if there is a strike?what do we do then??we prefer walking rather than catching an auto..In a place like Chennai Going in an auto would be like telling a robber where you hide all your money..Auto drivers..we all hate arguing with them.. They are scoundrels and rude scoundrels to top it..So this leads me to my second Incident..It was a fine Sunday morning..and like any other Sunday morning my mom wakes me up and asks me to get a few things for her from the market..I am in the market waiting for the vegetable vendor to deal with other customers who were woken up(by moms or wives) before me and got to the shop before I even got off the bed..SO there I am standing and looking in every direction..At a fair distance I See an auto driver drinking tea in a small shop..nothing different in that..The driver has almost finished his tea when a dog comes near him and starts wagging his tail..I was pretty sure that the auto driver would pick up a stone and start pelting the dog with it..what else is expected from the "rude" and "arrogant" cheater??SO there i WAS..ready to go and yell at the Auto driver for his misdeed..but to my surprise the sight i saw was completely different..The Auto driver bought a Packet of biscuits and started feeding the dog..The beast had suddenly turned beautiful..It was because of the actions of some that i had come to a conclusion that all auto drivers are rude and care for no one..I always wanted to to see these Rude Auto drivers behind bars..that would teach them a lesson..Behind bars..Jail...Police..corruption..bribe..Wow..Its a perfect chain..the word police and bribe is a match made in heaven..No wonder they have such a big belly..Santa looks like a starving old man in front of the cops..But taking in account the auto drivers story..is every police officer the same??So here my friends is Incidence number 3..I was driving back home from my friends house one day..I got to the Gemini flyover area and got caught in the traffic..ok so there i was again..stuck in a place and looking in every direction(Yeah i do that a lot)..On the left i saw two cars parked and the drivers of each car arguing with one another and a police man in the middle trying to sort out things..in middle of this heated argument the phone of one of the drivers started ringing and so he left the other driver and the cop.. So making most of the situation the other driver offered bribe to the cop and said that it was his mistake but he dint want to admit it to the other driver,he asked the cop to put the full blame on the driver who was by now almost done with his phone conversation..but the police denied the bribe and put a case against the driver for reckless driving and attempt to bribe.. For the first time I saw a cop do something right..he could have taken the bribe from this reckless driver but he dint..Reckless drivers..There is no shortage of reckless drivers in Chennai..and it seriously gets on my nerves when some reckless driver cuts in front of you..its almost as if he/she appears out of no where..My encounter with a "Reckless driver" is incident number four..I was driving back home at around 9 in the night..I was near park Sheraton(A major 5 star hotel in Chennai)when a "reckless driver" came out of park Sheraton and cut in front of me..the roads were narrow so there was no chance for me to overtake him..so i was following him..this car in front of me was the only hurdle in between me and free road..Anyways what could i do??I was happy as long as that guy kept moving..but at last..my happiness was short lived..the "Reckless Driver" suddenly stopped..right in middle of the road..I was frustrated.. "rich son of a gun" i thought..The guy just got out of his car and started running towards his right..drunk maybe??so i started honking..honk...honk..hon...I stopped..To my surprise the man did this to help an old lady to cross the road..after helping her across he looked at me apologized sat in his car and drove away..I was touched..Form that day onwards whenever i see any old person i stop the car or bike(not in middle of the road) and help that person..Just because someone is rich does not mean he is snobbish..Ahhh..but these rich people what a life they have..exotic food everyday,dressed up in Armani..driving fancy sports cars..and foreign trips almost every month.. trips..Its not just Indian who go abroad..Indian Tourism has grown and many foreigners these days come to India and marvel at all the Indian wonders..So Here I am finally at Incident number five..And one of my most favorite memories..I was walking to my friends house..a foreigner dude was walking in front of me with a book in his hand..a few minutes later I saw the foreigner dude sit on a footpath right beside two street dwelling kids and teach them how to read..awestruck.. i was awestruck..And it got me thinking..If some foreigner dude can do something like this for Indian kids..Then why cant we??We were blessed to have all the facilities..so why dont we make use of what we have learn t and pass on the knowledge??Why go around searching for such differences when you yourself can be the difference the world needs??So lets take these five stories into account and do Something Different.. :)

0 comments: